our founder: tara lorigan MNZM
"WE KNOW THE CHALLENGES, WE'VE EXPERIENCED THE JOURNEY, WE KNOW FIRST HAND WHAT'S AT STAKE, SO WE'RE FANATICAL IN OUR COMMITMENT TO SUCCESS, MINE, YOURS, ON OUR TERMS"
Tara Lorigan is a pioneer in the space for female success. Following a successful career in tech marketing in both the UK and New Zealand, Tara took on the role of running the country’s leading Technology Incubator where she developed their award winning high growth programme. Inspired by this experience, she dedicated the next stage of her career to discovering a business that could scale. This led her to identifying a gap in the market for providing world class, practical resources to champion a female success journey. Tara launched Co.OfWomen in 2012, a membership based organisation based on a globally unique model serving women at every stage of success via. Today Co.OfWomen are publishers of Co. Magazine and convenors of The New Zealand Hall of Fame for Women Entrepreneurs, Women Entrepreneurs Week and Female Power Week – platforms dedicated to championing the diversity and distinctions of female success. Co.OfWomen has grown into a community of thousands of women across Aotearoa dedicated to developing their own and supporting other women’s success. In 2016, Tara was honoured as Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit in recognition of her contribution to women and business. Tara received her marketing qualification from the University of Auckland and is a highly experienced neuroscience-based performance coach.
>> you can get to know our founder more here
being successful is the most exciting part but it can also be a slow, tough road and, at times, a truly lonely one.
I initially joined Co.OfWomen as I could see that this organisation was meeting a real and previously unmet need for female entrepreneurs, offering relevant support I would have been very grateful to have at different points in my own entrepreneurial journey.
Being entrepreneurial is about being innovative, doing business in different ways to get and maintain the competitive advantage that will ensure sustainability, and all the benefits success brings with it. Women often have compelling ideas about doing things differently but can get stifled by the traditional framework of business as well as by our own distinctive Achilles heels.
As New Zealands leading female business brand I'm proud of how far we've come since tara and I sat down over a cup of tea all those years ago to discuss this idea of hers, it is making a big difference for many women.
I invite you to join us and take advantage of the myriad of resources developed with your success in mind.
>> Lee is the founder of Birthcare, Labtests and is a director and shareholder of Pictor - she is a significant leader in the healthcare sector and one of the country's most experienced and respected governors
where are you on your success journey?
calling women at every stage of success, business owner or employee
Our membership includes options for women at every stage of success, from any domain.
>> Employee and business owner alike.
Our focus is the practical tools and thinking that empowers success in any domain.
>> It's informed by the neuroscience of performance, the best of commercial thinking and an in-depth understanding of what propels female success.
Choose from hands-on or digital membership - all 100% fueled by our members & made in NZ by us.
>> There's an option for every stage. You are welcome here.
Our promise - we've got your back - and it will be our honour to prove that to you.
What we care about - for profit, for good
It’s definitely about commercial success
because of what that success offers us and the difference it can make to our planet
Our business is a vehicle we created where we get to express our skill, talent and ability and that is so energising.
Every day we ‘get into the boxing ring’ with ourselves and get to see what we’re made of. It’s often frustrating, but as we learn, we do better and few things beat the satisfaction of seeing your invention become successful, meaningful and useful in the world.
THOSE WE LOVE
Ultimately, it's about mastering ourselves - becoming the person who can deliver what, from the outset, we can so clearly see. This is what enables us to be successful and to create choices that are important for ourselves but also for the people we love.
These choices usually include money but often include other things like the ability to have more time - without question our scarcest resource.
When we're confidently taking care of ourselves and those we love, we’re in the best position to dedicate ourselves to the craft of what we call ‘good for nothing’ projects (do good, get nothing in return) that we also care about.
'Making a difference' is a conscious driver of most female entrepreneurial endeavours and when we marry making a lot of money with doing a lot of good we get an extremely potent formula.
we're a community of thousands of entrepreneurial thinkers
so who are these entrepreneurial thinkers?
- we’re a diverse range of business owners, across many industries
- some of us work inside organisations we’re passionate about, innovating from the inside
- we think big from the outset – risk-takers, we’re leaders, driven by our values first and foremost
- we’re building talented, passionate teams to realise our vision & goals
- many have global reach in view, others already there, their impact steadily growing
- a number are innovating at the forefront of industries and markets – creating movements
- most are mothers so our time is uniquely challenged and at an absolute premium
- we struggle most often with balance; many, with confidence
- what drives most is the opportunity to win at the game we chose, or invented
- for most winning means resources to enable an impact beyond our own lives, on our planet, in our time
- so the job at hand for each, is becoming the person who can deliver that…
- it requires expanded resilience, self-belief, skill and abilities at each new level to realise the success we see
- Co.OfWomen was founded to connect & champion these women it was founded by entrepreneurs and is led by them
- we know the challenges, we’ve experienced the journey we know first hand what’s at stake
- so we’re fanatical in our commitment to success, mine, yours, on our terms
- everything we offer serves this single objective we’ve worked out just what that takes and, we’ve got your back!
Tara Lorigan, Founder